Tournedos Felix Faure ~ Beef Tenderloin with Black Peppercorn and Mushroom Sauce
4-8 oz Beef Tenderloin 2 tsp Salt 4 tsp Course Black Peppercorns 2 cups dice Mushrooms 1 tbsp Olive Oil 1/4 cup Butter 1/2 cup of Cognac 1/2 cup Veal Stock 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
Method for Tournados Felix Faure
• Season both sides of each tenderloin with salt and pat them in the black peppercorns.
• Heat oil and butter in a large heavy skillet over high heat, and then sauté the tenderloins, 2 at the time, for 3-4 minutes on each side.
• Transfer the tenderloins to a heatproof dish and keep them warm in a 175 degree oven.
• In the skillet, add the mushroom, sauté for 2 minutes, until cooked.
• Add the tenderloin to the skillet and carefully add the cognac and flame it.
• Add the veal stock, then a minute after, the cream, bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
• Serve the tenderloin coated with the sauce with some Pommes Frites! Et Voila !!!