French Butter Cake
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 c. sour cream
2 c. San Antonio River Mill® Brand Sopapilla Mix
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze:
3 c. powdered sugar, sifted
¼ c. milk
1½ tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. lemon juice
yellow food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Oil and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan or 8 mini-Bundt pans. Hint: Nonstick vegetable spray and flour or vanilla wafer crumbs work well.
2. Cream sugar, butter and vanilla; blend in eggs and sour cream. Mix well.
3. Add Sopapilla Mix gradually while mixing until batter is smooth.
4. Pour into prepared pan (for mini-Bundt pans, pour about 2/3 cup batter into each pan).
5. Bake about 40 to 45 minutes (20 to 23 minutes for mini-Bundt cakes) or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven.
6. Remove cake(s) from pan immediately by carefully inverting onto wire rack. Cool completely; cooled cake can be dusted lightly with powdered sugar or glazed with Lemon Glaze garnished with lemon zests or decorated with fresh fruit.
7. For the glaze, beat powered sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Add lemon juice and just enough food coloring for a light yellow color; blend until uniform in color.