Citrus Saffron Buerre Blanc
1 Shallot, finely diced
1/4 cup White Wine
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
1/4 tbsp Saffron
3 tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Orange Zest
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup Brandy, Gran Marnier or Whiskey
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1/4 lb Sweet Cream Butter, room temperature
Method for Citrus Saffron Buerre Blanc
· In a small sauce pan REDUCE first eight ingredients over medium heat by half.
· Add heavy cream and reduce by half.
· Add butter, one tablespoon at a time, constantly whisking until all butter has been incorporated.
· Add kosher salt and white pepper to taste.
· This recipe is wonderful over any firm white fish, scallops or shrimp. The Guenther House offers this sauce over pan seared Mahi-Mahi.