Achiote Pork Tenderloin with Chimichurri Salsa
4 oz Annatto Seed Paste
11/2 oz Lime Juice
11/2 oz Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 bunch Cilantro, chopped
4 oz Olive oil
1 oz Garlic, chopped
Ingredients for Pork Tenderloin
1 lb Pork Tenderloin, silver skin removed
Ingredients for Chimichurri Salsa
1/4 bunch Cilantro, chopped
1/4 bunch Parsley, chopped
1 ea Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/2 Red Onion, small dice
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 oz Rice Vinegar
1 oz Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method for Achiote Marinade
• Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
• Marinate pork for at least 1 hour.
Method for Chimichurri Salsa
• Combine sugar, oil and vinegar, whisk until sugar is dissolved.
• Add remaining ingredients and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• This recipe is great for smoking or grilling. When grilling use medium heat or place the tenderloin off to the side of the coals.
• Reason being that the achiote marinade will char much faster than the pork will cook and you want to have that nice red color when the meat is done.
• Cook to 140° to 155°(about 15 to 20 minutes, longer if smoking) depending on your desired doneness.
• Slice your tenderloin at an angle and top with the chimichurri.
• Roasted potatoes, spanish rice, sweet potatoes and dark green vegetables are great accompaniments for this dish.